Songbird over at RevGals says:Did you know that the major purpose for forming a non-profit, RevGalBlogPals, Inc., was to be able to attract grant support for a large scale RevGalBlogPal meetup? My dream from the beginning has been attracting financial support that would allow as many of our bloggers to be together as possible.
RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, I bring you the Big Event Friday Five.
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?) I enjoy a combination of learning opportunities with plenty of rest and reflection time built in. I like speakers who give me something to ponder during that reflection time.
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time? Life remains uncertain. But I would guess either a Lenten retreat or after Easter and into the summer.
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?) Because I like lots of time to reflect I prefer places where I can hike or walk. Some conference centers are in or near cities but have walking grounds which accomplishes both.
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.) There is a lay woman in Chicago who is a phenomenal speaker and retreat leader. She is a former RC nun, seminary prof in Hebrew, and OT scholar, very witty and funny, great stories. We could reflect on women in the OT? Or Women in the Bible? She does a fabulous presentation on the Psalms. She also presents on the Gospel of John. And she is a trained cathechist and Godly Play leader for kids...really she would be incredible.
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest? Oh yes. Private bedrooms and bathrooms are always a great treat. We'll probably pay more, but oh so nice.
Dream big for the Big Event!!!
Twelve years ago I suffered a life threatening illness. From a fractured tooth came an abscess, and then the abscess infected the bone in m...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...