Well. Vacation is over. This is, however my official day off, so I am not exactly back at work either. What am I thinking about on this day?
1. Trying to enjoy the moment. A quiet gentle cool breeze drifting in the open window. Three of my four beloved pets lying near by (both dogs, one cat).
2. The sun is shining.
3. After several weeks of re-doing her room my daughter is ready to put everything back in.
4. Which means I can do a quick cleaning and have my whole house in order.
5. I'm also going to exercise.
6. and read. (Anita Shreve, "Light on Snow".) (She's my latest favorite author, fiction. Not like Babrbar Kingsolver who pushes the way I think about life. Shreve has no "agenda" but to craft a well written, engaging story that keeps one hanging on uncertain of how the events she describes will turn out and what will happen to the characters. Usually about some unresolved life tragedy that needs to be worked out so the person can find wholeness again)....
7. My son starts school next week.
8. Summer is almost over, in that official sense. It's been a good summer. Just hot enough, dry enough, with some cool days and rain, to feel balanced and, well, like summer.
9. I'm almost read for summer to be over. I'm tired of using sunless tanner. I'm ready to put away the shorts and pull on a pair of jeans. I'm almost ready for those cool, crisp autumn days and the changing colors of the leaves. almost...
10. Once I go back to work I will be busy. I'll try not to think about that today.
11. Best enjoy this day for what it is.
The readings that we chose for the service tonight were all picked specifically for this service because they lift up the role of women ...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...