A few of the things I'm thinking about this morning.
1. I had to delete my YouTube post "The Servant Song." I posted it yesterday as part of the Sunday afternoon RevGals reflection on hymns and what we sang in church. I like the song and enjoyed singing it. But the YouTube clip had a guy singing it to a friend acappella. I don't know the guy, and generally speaking I try not to show photos of people on this blog, especially photos of people I don't know. Having his image on my blog was bothering me. Nothing personal, I don't know. That's all.
2. We finally heard from Ryan, our soldier who is deployed to Afghanistan and coming home on leave. As of 9:50 this morning he is at an airport in Kuwait waiting for a flight to Ireland. From Ireland he flies to Atlanta and then to Chicago. He should arrive here sometime tomorrow (Tuesday). At least so far he is safe.
3. He will be exhausted from travelling for five days with little sleep.
4. It's raining here, a gentle fall rain. Lovely. Perfect for a day off.
5. Today I am going to go out for breakfast with my daughter. Exercise, go to the grocery store. And have a night off with my husband. He is scheduled to work every night this week, except tonight. (sigh)
6. Read. I think I'll try to catch up on some of my reading... Elaine Pagels, "Beyond Belief"; Renita Weems, "Listening for God"; Tony Campolo "The God of Intimacy and Action" (he's the speaker at our Clergy Conference in a few weeks and will be speaking from this book)...
7. Well, that's a snapshot of my musings for this first day of October.