Fabulous another word for Gratitude...

Monday is my day off, which is always Fabulous, always an occasion to be grateful. Grateful , also, that I have a job from which I can have a day off.

I am also grateful for Fortitude. I seem to have a lot of it, part of my natural constitution. Thank goodness, too, because I have had a number of occasions, (uhm - YEARS) in my life where the only thing that got me through was some mysterious inner strength. I of course believe that God is at the core of Fortitude - which points us to tomorrow when I'll reflect on "G" gratitude's. For today I am reflection on "F" gratitude's.

Flip-flops - living in a hot climate has created in me a deep gratitude for flip flops. About a year ago I bought a fabulous (there it is again) pair of leather flip flops from American Eagle. I wear them around the house as a precaution against stepping on bark scorpions (very venomous, but rarely fatal - an "F" word that is not in my gratitude list). We also have to watch out for the Arizona brown spider which sometimes manages to squeeze through the screens into the house. Also a very toxic spider....BUT in addition to these very practical flip flops I also wear more dressy flip flop type sandals with kitten heels. It's so hot here I wear open toed shoes like these six or seven months out of the year.....maybe eight.

Fish - love fish. If I were more organized I'd have a great fish tank - but right now I'd never do a good job of keeping the tank clean....I also love to eat fish: grilled salmon or tuna (with a wasabi cream sauce on the side), and sushi are my favorites.

Comments

i'll wear flip flops... but eat fish? never... you'd have to rush me to the ER pronto!!
Sherry said…
I have been enjoying your abc's of gratitude.

But,...errrr...you do recognize something mildly unsettling about mentioning fish as pets and food in the same paragraph doncha? ROFL...

Take care!
altar ego said…
I love flip flops, but a foot injury makes it impossible to wear them (frown). I compensate by collecting a variety of other flip flop "things!" And I should definitely eat more fish. I love seared ahi tuna with any kind of aioli with a little spice to snap the flavor. Salmon on the grill, yummmm....
Barbara B. said…
I'm with ya on the grilled fish!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem