RevGals Friday Five: Do Nothing Meme

Sally over at RevGals offers this Friday Five:

I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"

So this weeks Friday Five is simple.

List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.

And while you are doing nothing play the bonus, put your feet up and listen to your favourite Advent Carol, and post it or a link to it...


1. ....putting up a real Christmas Tree. Not in Arizona. I hear they dry up nice and crispy and cost about twice as much as any where else...so, artificial it is. Now, how to get that wonderful pine fragrance?

2. ....going on a shopping frenzy to buy gifts. I will buy gifts, but slowly...and only a few.

3. ....traveling (well, maybe I will, but no plans to do this, yet)

4. ....making Christmas cookies? Well, I may do this too, but no plans yet...

5. ....decorating the house...probably will be skimpy on this too. We are beginning to pack for a move, seems silly to pull all that stuff out at this time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are doing more than me... and I'm proud of you!!!!!

I hope y'all do get to move soon!!!!!
DogBlogger said…
I noticed a couple of tree-related candle scents at Bath and Body Works, if that's something you might want to try for supplementing your artificial tree.
Jan said…
I like your attitude! I'm trying to be more like that this season, too. It helps that daughter MJ's last final is Dec. 17, so I have lots of time to get things read before that.
Auntie Knickers said…
Just don't get one of those pine-tree shaped car deodorizers from the truck stop...not the right scent at all!:-\
Seems you really have a lot of the spirit of Advent going on this year, I hope that good things will come your way.
Jennifer said…
Thinking of you as you prepare in more ways than one...
zorra said…
Enjoy NOT knocking youself out this year.
(How's the snow out there?)
Unknown said…
We've been dialing the gifts back gradually for several years, and it feels manageable now. Such a relief!
Barbara B. said…
I'll be over to help with the cookies. :)
Cookies? A move? i have to read back...
Anonymous said…
No decorations or real trees here either.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem