RevGals Friday Five: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Songbird, over at RevGals, offers this Friday Five Meme:

1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip? My most recent long distance trip was from SE Arizona to Chicago and back. I drove by myself and made the round trip in a week. On the way there I drove straight through, stopping only for a four hour respite at a security-safe rest stop an hour east of Amarillo Texas. I was motivated to drive straight through because my daughter's dog,



was in the car with me - I was taking him home to her....the drive back was a bit more leisurely....


2) Have you ever traveled by train? Yes. I love train rides, except for the numerous stops and delays. My husband, kids, and I took the train from Chicago to Detroit for a family wedding about 15 years ago. I've taken the train several times from Chicago to Minneapolis and from Chicago to Southern Illinois University when I was in college in the '70's. And, of course, living in Chicago for 35 years I often travelled by "El" or the "metro"...

3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it? When I lived in Chicago, yes. Here, no.

4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?Perhaps the really small plane I travelled in from San Juan Puerto Rico to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. It flew really low over the ocean, low enough to see the waves and bumpy too!

5. Where are you going next? (apparently I missed this question when I did my cut and paste this morning...LOL) Our next trip will be a return to the Midwest. My husband and I, and our two dogs and two cats are moving back. May be a temporary move...but our lease here is up so we have to go...imagine a cross country drive in February (I really hope it's a time of clear weather and not storms like we just had...)

Comments

Di said…
Laughing, hard, and the Weimareiner. Wondering what that trip must have been like.
Unknown said…
That is such a great photo!!!
RevDrKate said…
Every time I see that dog's face I have to smile. Don't know if I would have enjoyed that plane trip very much....might have been like "airplane TMI" in my book.
Terri said…
He's a great travelling companion, very comfortable in the car...this photo was taken by my daugher of him waiting for her in the "barn" where she trains horses...it captures his fun personality...
hip2b said…
That is an actual picture of him? I was sure this was a stock photo!
Terri said…
it is an actual picture of him...taken with her cell phone!
My favorite dog again. So you're leaving AZ for the home of Chicago?
Terri said…
that would be correct. we will be in Chicago temporarily...
Anonymous said…
Welcome back to the frozen Midwest! I hope all goes well with the journey.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem