Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ripped Open

The discordant notes like the draw
of string and bow
a concert of
wind through trees.

Clanging timpani and banging
kettle drum bass
a wild storm
this morning.

Morning? This predawn symphonic
awakening
to chords of light
jagged sky.

As if heaven was pouring forth
heavy. As if
a waterfall
or river.

Socks, fleece, a cup of hot coffee
dogs being dogs
with wet tongues
sloppy dawn.

A pause, a quiet moment, the
sun rise behind
heavy clouds
rain. Or tears?

More rain than I have seen in two,
maybe more, years.
Three AM
symphony.

Lulling me awake. Reminding
me, life, shattered
ripped open
sky. Or soul?

5 comments:

Katherine E. said...

Lovely.

Holding you in my heart during this liminal time...

GusF_Finkbeiner1209 said...

It's great!!..........................................

Christin Lore Weber said...

Evocative.

Michelle said...

Awe-filled.

Jan said...

Lovely. Eloquent.

The Aim of Life

Like most people, when I was in my twenties,  I was focused on trying to figure out my life. I struggled to figure out what I was going to...