Mary Beth over at RevGals is thinking about the disparity of the season - fun and joy on the one hand and loads of work and other "issues" on the other...
So, for today's Friday Five: What lifts you up when you are low or troubled? Who helps you remember that you are not alone, it's getting better all the time, etc.?
Your five responses can be people you know, people you DON'T know, music, places, foods, scripture, surprises, something you do for someone else. It could be a pair of slippers. It could be a glass of water.
Bonus: Do you like the song "Jingle Bell Rock?" If you do, who do you prefer to hear sing it? Bobby Helms, Brenda Lee, Mean Girls, Stephanie Smith, Chubby Checker, Billy Gilman, Brian Setzer, Hilary Duff, Thousand Foot Krutch (I am not making this up), oh, there are so many more! I am currently partial to my friend Marco...
1. A long walk, yoga, or exercise ALWAYS helps me. I hurt my back a few weeks ago and really haven't been exercising like I was. But now that I am healed it's time to go back to the gym. I am typically a hibernating soul in winter, but I hope I can maintain some sort of exercise routine this winter. It really does help.
2. Reading - novels or poetry. I've been reading a lot lately. My most recent is a paperback I picked up for the flight home from Seattle - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo....I know it's a movie, but I knew nothing about it....I'm enjoying.
3. Tea and dark chocolate - 'nuff said, right? ok every afternoon, my little indulgence after I've had my afternoon silent prayer session with God I have a cup of earl grey and a couple of pieces of dark chocolate with almonds. It's soothing and comforting.
4. My husband - His presence. His being in my life. His love and generosity.
5. Knitting - I knit in spurts...but I really love it. It's creative, it's fun, it's calming. I got involved in knitting socks through my RevGal pals - and so I need to include all of you in this too - you all are awesome!
Bonus: Sure. I like Jingle Bell Rock....and I have a version in my head but have no idea who sings it...will check out You Tube and post it if I find it...ok, here it is: