The Beauty of the Sonoran Desert

Some photos from my time living in Southern Arizona, which I found to be a beautiful place (in many ways):

 Ocotillo, Saguaro National Park





Night blooming cactus, blooms a couple of times a year




 Storm clouds over the Santa Rita Mountains, the view from my backyard and kitchen


 Sunrise over the Santa Ritas, view from my backyard


 Saguaro Cactus, Saguaro National Park, but also found everywhere in Southern AZ


 Ground squirrel family, outside the fence of my backyard


A winter sunset, view from my backyard


Living in southern Arizona took my breath away - the vastness of the sky, the beauty of the desert, the wild life, the rising and setting sun, the mountains - were simply beautiful. I made some good friends there too. And, I found a silent retreat center that I will return too one day, with a profound sense of peace, prayer, and beauty.

Comments

Rebecca Ramsey said…
Wow, Terri. It really is gorgeous. How fortunate to get to see those sunsets and vistas! I can see how it would be a perfect setting for a silent retreat center.
revhipchick said…
Beautiful photos! I especially love the night blooming cactus--the sunset from your back yard is astounding as well.
zorra said…
I always enjoy your Arizona pictures. The night blooming cactus is gorgeous.
Yolanda said…
Such beautiful photos and such a beautiful place. I was so saddened by Sundays violence and so touched by the memorial in Tuscon today. I am glad to have found your blog and will be back soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem