Here Comes The Sun

A year ago around this time I flew to Tucson to pick up my car, the fated VW Passat, that had the engine sludge. If you are an owner of a 2000-2004 VW Passat you know what I am talking about, because you are part of class action suit which is about to be settled. The engine in our Passat died in December of 2009, launching us into some intense negotiations with VW. In the end we paid over $5,000.00 to have the engine replaced. When we moved in February of 2010 we were still negotiating arguing with VW and left the car at the dealer. By the end of April we forked over a large chunk of change and had it fixed. But, then I had to go get it.

Last spring was warm and dry. Day after day of sun. The leaves on trees unfolded in April, instead of the middle of May, which is the norm around here. So unlike this spring, with day after day of relentless rain.

My trip to Tucson led to a wonderful drive back to Chicago. I picked up my son, who was with friends in Phoenix, and his dog (little miss "M") and we drove north to Escalante, Utah to see my dad. The photo in my header was taken from the deck of his house, a sunrise that led to a beautiful day in the canyon lands of southern Utah. We stayed with my dad for a couple of days and then drove north to Salt Lake City where we saw a few more family members, and then in a straight through push we drove to Chicago. My son and I had a great trip together.

With rain predicted here until Thursday, and then more rain for the upcoming weekend, it seems that this photo of the sun is all I'm going to have for awhile. I can only hope that all this rain is going to lead to a beautiful May.

The truth is, last spring, while there was a lot of sunny weather, my heart was heavy. I had so many decisions to make and no real sense of direction. What to do? But this year, while spring weather is rainy, stormy, and sometimes dangerous, my heart is light and my spirit delights in the direction my life is going.

Comments

Wendy said…
On a drizzly Good Friday, I was thinking about how weather does/does not match the tone of the day. Still so happy for you in the way your year has come to fruition.
revkjarla said…
My spirit delights with you!!!
Rev SS said…
yay! I'll take rain outside with sunny spirit to vice versa any day!
revhipchick said…
beautiful! i'm glad to hear that despite the dreary weather your spirit is bright and light! wonderful!
Gaye said…
Here is that opposite thing again! Delighted that you are delighted.
Lisa :-] said…
I'm happy for you. It's always wonderful to start a new adventure.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem