Jan, over at RevGal, offers this Friday Five Meme:
So my suggestion for today's Friday Five is to write about 5 words you really like. Please explain why you have chosen each word, in such ways as:
It is a
1. description or attribute of yourself: a Bishop I know from another diocese, one who is about to retire, use to say that I was
humble" - I was never quite sure what HE meant by that, but I like to think that I am humble.
2. activity you enjoy: knitting, walking, yoga, bike riding
3. word that is spelled or pronounced in an interesting way: do you say, "ah" or "A" - as in ah-men, or Amen? or A thing or ah thing? and why?
4. passion of yours: I like many aspects of life, but a passion? Preaching can be a passion, it certainly anchors the rhythm of my week. Daily prayer, especially meditation, is a passion, albeit a gentle one. Healthy living is probably my life-long passion - health of mind, body, and spirit.
5. word that brings you hope, peace, or comfort: "in quietness and confidence shall be our strength" - ok, so several words, a prayer phrase actually...but one I have prayed often.
and, a bonus...
6.word you like to repeat or sing: I often wake up with "ear-worms," phrases of music rolling through my thoughts. Lately it's been Joni Mitchell, "Woke up it was a Chelsea morning:
Like most people, when I was in my twenties, I was focused on trying to figure out my life. I struggled to figure out what I was going to...
I admit, there are days when I wonder if there is a God. I mean, days when I am worn thin from the onslaught of violence, the destruction o...
The Sunday after Senator Gabbi Giffords was shot, in a mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, I went to church hoping to hear some reflection on...