RevGal Friday Five: Random
In an effort to get to know one another a littel better RevKarla, over at the RevGals, offers this Friday Five on Randomness:
1. What is the first thing that comes to your mind (right now) that you want to share about yourself. My mother used to tell me that we are related to Mary, Queen of Scots and that one of my paternal ancestors was an Apache who married a man from Ireland. I've never been able to prove either one, but I have always wished I had Navajo ancestors. I value their peacefulness and beautiful baskets and pottery. Apache, at least as they were portrayed in my childhood, were warriors, which is not my thing.
2. What is your favorite piece of jewelry or accessory? Why? For my birthday this year my husband gave me a sterling silver necklace with a dove, symbol of the Holy Spirit. I wore it every day. A couple of days ago I lost - somehow the clasp had opened and it fell off. Thankfully he found it near my desk at the office. For Christmas he gave me a couple of sterling silver bracelets, handmade by a local artists. I also love these. None of these are expensive, but they are lovely. I am fond of bracelets.
3. If you could have a starring role in a T.V. show/movie/series, which one would it be, and what would your character be like? If I were a young woman I'd want to be on "So You Think You Can Dance." If I were a famous woman I'd want to be on "Dancing with the Stars." But, I am neither young nor famous. So, I think I'd like to be religion journalist on NPR or for the Today show and portray the progressive voice of Christianity as one of faithfulness and, yes, orthodoxy - as we say in the Episcopal Women's Caucus - "Justice is Orthodox Theology"....
4. What is one thing you will eat this weekend? My husband and I will both work all weekend. But typically I have soft boiled or scrambled eggs on Sunday morning before I head off to work - I have found that eggs, protein, helps with my stamina. Then, after church I am driving to Chicago. I will have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory in Oak Brook, IL with my daughter, her boyfriend, and his parents. So, there is a chance I will also have cheesecake. I'll be in Chicago for a couple of days taking care of some business, it's my first trip back since I moved to Michigan a year ago.
5. How do you waste time? (If you do, that is...) I can get totally lost on Facebook and reading blogs, a huge time suck. Lately I am working to have more balance between work and my personal life, in particular self care. I am finally re-engaging with yoga, having found (and LOVE) the free video podcasts from Yogamazing. I am also taking classes at the local yoga studio. It is always easier for me to exercise in the warmer weather of late Spring, summer, and fall. In winter I tend to hibernate.