Friday Five: Second Friday Randomness
Revkjarla over at the RevGals blog offers this Friday Five:
Is it really August 10??? Oy....where has the summer gone? I have NOT been productive at all, but I am sure you have....so, with no theme in mind, because I
have wasted lots of timehave spent much time in prayer in meditation, here is your Friday Five:
1. Have you planned anything for the fall/winter that you are so proud of yourself for doing so? What is it? One issue I face every year when I take vacation time in August is the reality that the fall schedule is pressing on my mind. As soon as I return I need to call a meeting of the various teams who enable the fine ministry of this place to come to life. We will once again offer the "Michigan Alternative Holiday Market" - the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It is a buy local initiative for our Christmas and holiday shopping that offers free tables to local artists, crafters, farmers and cheese makers (are you thinking of the Life of Brian just reading that phrase, cheese-makers?...) and an admission free event for those who wish to shop. We encourage the congregation to do their shopping before Advent at the Alternative Market and then enjoy a more relaxed season. This has always been a dream of mine and when we did it last year it was very successful and fun - thanks to the fabulous people here who could pull it off!
2. What day of the week describes how you feel about yourself and why? I think I am a Sunday person. By that I mean Sunday holds within it everything I love to do: I'm up early, drink coffee, lead and participate in worship, preach, teach, have some social time, exercise (dog walk), yoga (restorative - a slow class), read, enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, and a little television watching as I unwind at night. I like to work hard and rest well.
3. If you could have been with Jesus at any one of his miracles, which would it have been, and why? Well, haven't we all been with Jesus on that road to Emmaus, at one point or another in our faith journey? Most likely, though I would have been at the wedding in Cana - I mean this summer has been a summer of weddings...I guess, though I feel less compelled to be with him at a miracle, and would be content to just a meal with him and over a glass of wine ask him about this "Love" thing...
4. If you could have had another brother or sister, what would you have wanted, and why? I have three younger brothers, but I always thought a sister would be nice to have.
5. If you had to choose one word that defined you and your life, what word would it be? Hope. I live with hope. I am hopeful. I am not cynical or bitter or angry or fearful. I am always hopeful. Even when I see no reason to be hopeful, I am hopeful. It's part of my DNA.