RevGal Friday Five: Randomly random

 Karla, over at the RevGals offers this Friday Five meme:

Hello dear Friday-fivers!
Without further ado, here is the Friday Five Random-Style meme for you on this September morning!


1. What is one of the best things that happened to you this week? I attended an interfaith breakfast that included leaders from many of the Christian and Muslim communities of faith in Dearborn (we don't have any Jewish houses of worship in town, although there are many in nearby suburbs). The Mayor came, too. We talked about renewing our waning community connections and reinvigorating our meetings. And we talked about the upcoming visit from a pastor who lives in Florida but is making his third trip here to protest and raise a rukus. Seriously, this man needs to worry about the hungry people in his backyard and stop making an issue that is not an issue. Anyway, the breakfast was delightful, we have a good faithful community here, and I love how we all stand in solidarity with each other.

 2. If you were in a Ms., Miss, Mr. (name your country) Pageant, what would your talent be? Uhm, well, I do have an old photo of my twirling my baton in a performance when I was in sixth grade. I also danced a ballet routine - in a pink and purple tutu. So, I would probably dance and twirl a baton and talk about my hopes for world peace....

3.  You were just given a YACHT!!! What would you name it, and why? "Sail On Sailor" and I'd play Beach Boys music and sail way out on the Caribbean and just appreciate that blue/green sea. That is if I could tolerate the motion sickness - which I pretty much cannot. (In fact even the idea makes my tummy a little queasy).... :-)
 
4.  If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do?  (I can't remember if I asked this before...)
Ride elephants and do head and hand stands on them.

5.  What do you have in your bag/wallet/backpack that best describes your personality? I recently bought a new slouchy big bag to replace my very old trim Dooney and Bourke bag - I loved that D&B bag - tailored, trim, black and brown, went with everything. sigh. This new bag is much bigger and bit annoying in that way - however! It comes with internal pockets and organizers. Everything has its place and I can always find what I need - chapstick, glasses, wallet, keys - all organized. It's a funky silver/green/tan/off white color pattern that is very different for me but I like it.

Comments

The interfaith work is such important work...especially since the events of the last couple of days. I tread carefully in that arena where I live.
altar ego said…
I'm so glad you have a good, collegial group of colleagues across ecclesial lines. There is a mosque in the county south of us (where I used to work) that has received lots of nasty attention since Tuesday. So much intolerance here. I really wish people would take to heart the point Brian McLaren was making in his article on HuffPost--so much wisdom there.

You go, riding elephants while upside down!
Anonymous said…
I'm with you. Boats make me puke... sigh.
revkjarla said…
of course you would be the person that actually uses the organizational functions of a bag!!! lol!

what's that preacher coming up to MI for now?

loved the image of handstand on elephants!

xoxo!!!
Jan said…
I loved your imagination in this FF. You are a role model for those around you for interfaith dialogue. That's really needed right now all over USA. I also have a new slouchy purse, but the organizer in it drives me crazy, as I never seem to be able to find my keys or my phone--which shows I am not intentional about where I put them as I don't know WHICH pocket they're in!
river song said…
I love this! I'm with you on your yacht out on the Caribbean, maybe with endless Beach Boy songs!
Amy+ said…
great play - I'll cruise the caribbean with you anytime - and keep you dosed on zofran...
Amy+ said…
great play - I'll cruise the caribbean with you anytime - and keep you dosed on zofran...
Mary Beth said…
Yeah! for the Zofran. We'll get you yet. :)
Teri said…
I would love to watch you ride elephants! I'm super impressed that the mayor came to your interfaith gathering--that is awesome.
very multi-faceted things happening for you...
hooray to you for embracing them all! (even the purse switcheroo!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem