Karla, over at the RevGalBlogPals blog, posted this Friday Five, as she prepares for the Women's Retreat at her church this weekend:
1. Name a woman author you very much love to read.
I have several, each for a different reason:
Barbara Kingsolver, Terry Tempest Williams, Mary Oliver , Jennifer Weiner, Elizabeth George, Julia, Spencer-Fleming, Anita Diamont, Susan Albert Wittig. I have read almost everything these women have written, and I anxiously await there next book.Each is very different. Some are murder mysteries. Some are fictionalized history. Some are reflections on life, spirituality, the environment and humanity. One is a poet.
2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk. Mary Magdalene. The woman at the well. Leah. Deborah.
3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch. Susan B. Anthony (we were born on the same day, albeit many years apart). But also, Hillary Clinton. Or, Michele Obama. Or Queen Elizabeth I.
4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner. Oh, well, see above. Hillary. Or, Terry Tempest Williams.
5. If you could be SuperWoman (o.k., I know you already ARE) what three special powers would you like to have? Strength. Or, maybe Balance. I would like to be stronger physically, spiritually, and emotionally. And, by this I don't mean stoic or rock like - but with better balance. This is something I am always working on, so it's not an ignored area, but an area in which I am always growing.