Randomly Random....

I am busy. Oh my, really busy. All in good ways. I helped organize and send off our delegation to Liberia. I arranged, also, for the church to do a wire transfer of some money to help the church in Liberia build their school. I have never done an international wire transfer before - but trust me it is not like what one sees on television. It's a little more complicated...but very cool! Then I spent a week following the delegation's posts on Facebook of their travels while they were there.




 I wrote newsletter articles and a bunch of other documentation trying to help the congregation understand what we are doing. It is amazing how complex it can be to people who are not part of the day to day conversation. I know that leadership is always several steps ahead of the congregation, and this has really made that point clear. Despite very intentional efforts to communicate well!

In addition to all of this, along with a lengthy Vestry meeting to finalize the budget (with a projected deficit) and the annual meeting, add the fact that our annual Vestry retreat is coming followed by Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. It's not like I've been ignoring Lent, I've been working on it for awhile - but it comes quickly this year...and that always makes for an intense January.

Plus all the other day to day stuff.

Like trying to squeeze in exercise (YouTube is my health club these days, finding some great cardio stuff that keeps me interested and moving)...and meditation, reading, and knitting...

Like needing to move my brother from one nursing home to another because his needs have changed. He is now, sadly, in a neighborhood in Chicago that I would not go to alone....so visiting him will be even more difficult. I really hope I can get him to Michigan, but that is proving to be a big challenge.



And every day my old dog Roxie lumbers along. She will be sixteen the end of March. I can hardly believe she is still with us. She's a bit of a challenge as she declines but she still seems to enjoy her life and wants to eat and go outside and be with us...so. she is.


Summer 2011, when she was still vibrant and healthy...much weaker now


So, some randomly random pieces of my life....no complaints. Just busy.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I finding that the busy life is a pretty happy one. Yours seems so to me Terri. I pray that it is. Blessings and hope the spring comes early to you in Dearborn. I remember the quiet streets when I lived there for a year.
angela said…
I had a minute before finishing homework and am so glad to hear some random things from your life. Blessings.
Gaye said…
Good to hear that the great preacher also has a life like any one off ours. Many thanks for sharing. Blessings to you, your congregation, your family and your old dog.
Lisa :-] said…
It's always nice to be busy. Going to work on that myself in the coming weeks...
altar ego said…
Your busy is good busy, as you say. I resonate with your description of the challenge of communicating with parties who are "out of sync," you describe it well. I pray that folks come on board to celebrate what the congregation, corporately, is doing.

Peace to you, and to your lovely dog.
kdoyle said…
Happy to see the pic of Roxie, and hope that you get a bit of a break soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem