Jan, over at the RevGals invites us to reflect on five ways we cope with the cold:
1. I drink lots of hot beverages, tea and coffee.
2. I eat wintery meals - pot roasts in the slow-cooker, soups and chili. My favorite soups are lentil, white bean chicken chili, beef stew, and chicken vegetable. I make up my own recipes, make everything from scratch, and no two are ever the same.
3. I exercise in-doors using a stationary bike and yoga classes.
4. When I have to go outside, I bundle up as much as possible, leaving very little skin exposed.
5. I light a fire in the fireplace, drink hot tea, and read a book.
Like most people, when I was in my twenties, I was focused on trying to figure out my life. I struggled to figure out what I was going to...
I admit, there are days when I wonder if there is a God. I mean, days when I am worn thin from the onslaught of violence, the destruction o...
The Sunday after Senator Gabbi Giffords was shot, in a mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, I went to church hoping to hear some reflection on...