Friday Five Halloween Scary

1. Do you enjoy a good fright? No, I really don't. I refuse to see scary movies. When I watched Silence of the Lambs I saw on video at home so I could walk out of the room when my anxiety got too high....I don't like watching people being hurt, I guess.

2. Scariest movie you've ever seen. Probably Silence of the Lambs, since I won't go see any of scary movies my teenagers like to see.

3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun.b) Are you *kidding* me?!? The germs, the germs! I've only bobbed for apples once, when I was a kid...it was fun, but who thought of germs back then...at least not the way we do now.

4. Real-life phobia...messing up, not being "smart enough"...yikes, the "girl" self esteem stuff that I still work on sometimes.

5. Favorite "ghost story"...loved to tell and hear ghost stories at camp as a kid, sadly I can't remember any of them. But I could tell you a few experiences I've had of people after they've died....would that be a "ghost" story???

Comments

reverendmother said…
Yes, that #4 is a biggie for a lot of us!
Unknown said…
Yep that would be a ghost story of a different sort. Silence of the Lambs is a scary Psycho movie and the book will scare you too.
Sally said…
Silence of the Lambs was my choice too... not even going near the book!!!

... and self esteem is that a phobia or a fact of life???

many blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem