A Few Rambling Thoughts on a Hot Friday Morning in June

It's going to be hot and sunny all weekend. This makes me excited. For some reason I am really enjoying this summer thus far. We've had plenty of rain, so this last week of sun and warmth is welcomed by me.

Our Mutual Ministry Review with the vestry went well last night. It was a real joy to hear people reflect on ministry they've done over this last year and the general state of the parish. It seems we're finally understanding the value of reflecting. And there is a real sense of hopefulness in the parish, some modest growth and good energy. We all spoke about what appears to be an "upswing." So. Let's hope so.

I had an interesting dream a few nights ago about me, the church, and adopting babies. I'm working on it with the Jungian and will post my musings in awhile. Suffice it to say it's becoming a very insightful dream.

Tomorrow I take a large group down to the diocesan center for confirmation. This will be exciting. But it will also take most of the day. And Sunday we begin our first outdoor service, which requires a lot of moving around and organizing for the set up. Today and tomorrow will be long days. But it will be fun to be outside.

The outdoor service is only about 35 minutes long but includes all the usual elements: liturgy of the word (only two readings and psalm), a sermon (5 minutes max), some hymns (one or two verses), and the Eucharist. It's all Enriching Our Worship, (inclusive language). Also, it's at 9:00, instead of 10:00, so we are finished with church early and have the day for other activities. (But also, since our Christian Formation begins at 9:00 through out the year this time keeps us coming to church at 9)...And it's in the shade of our gardens appropriately shaped in a triangle...we'll do outdoor services through July. Then we move indoors for August because it gets to be too hot and buggy (read, bees).

I've managed to get back into my exercise routine. Whoohoo. Thanks for the reminder that it takes three weeks for a "pattern" to be established. Made me diligent.

Lastly, I'm really enjoying our on line blog conversations. I appreciate everyone who stops by and leaves a comment. It's fun getting to know you even if it is in this cyber space way. I do feel we get to know one another, offer support, points of view, and ideas. I try to stop by and read all of your blogs too - what an interesting diverse community we are via the RevGals network!

Comments

RevErikaG said…
sounds like an exciting time...the Spirit seems to be a-stirring! I appreciate your entries a lot!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem