a Found Moment in Time

I got up early today because the air conditioning guys were coming for the annual maintenance of rectory and church A/C. I got up early so I could exercise (ab toner and weights for upper body and arms) and get my animals fed and out before the guys arrive at 8am. I got up early so I could shower and be ready for them.

I called to make sure they knew to come to the rectory first, since this is where I am. I feel so organized and prepared. But then they asked to reschedule. So many other people have no air conditioning. It's hot and expected to be hotter. Ok. It's in the upper 80's and low 90's, and humid. It's not 116...but then this is the Midwest not the Southwest.

So, I said "Sure." Now, they'll come one day next week. And I'll have to do this same thing all over again.

But for now, I have some free time I didn't anticipate. RevGals has not yet posted it's Friday Five. All my other blogger friends must still be asleep or working. All is quiet. What to do?

Answer. Nothing. Drink my cup of coffee and watch the birds outside. Then. I'll walk over to the office.

Comments

Barbara B. said…
That found moment sounds really nice and peaceful!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem