A Prayer, What One Can Hope For As Light Returns...

To all my pals at Revgals - Thank you. You are a blessing to me....


"The Odes of Solomon" (1st of 2nd Century)

My heart was split, and a flower
appeared; and grace sprang up;
and it bore fruit for my God.

You split me, tore my heart
open, filled me with love.

You poured your spirit into me;
I knew you as I know myself.

Speaking waters touched me
from your fountain, the source of life.

I swallowed them and was drunk
with the water that never dies.

And my drunkenness was insight,
intimacy with your spirit.

And you have made all things new;
you have showed me all things shining.

You have granted me perfect ease;
I have become like Paradise,
a garden whose fruit is joy;
and you are the sun upon me.

My eyes are radiant with your spirit;
my nostrils fill with your fragrance.
My ears delight in your music,
and my face is covered with your dew.

Blessed are the men and women
who are planted on your earth, your garden,
who grow as your trees and flowers grow,
who transform their darkness into light.
Their roots plunge into darkness;
their faces turn toward the light.

All those who love you are beautiful;
they overflow with your presence
so that they can do nothing but good.

There is infinite space in your garden;
all men, all women are welcome here;
all they need do is enter.

Comments

The images are wonderful...a heart split open to give and receive the Divine love and power of Spirit. Amen.
Rev SS said…
Beautiful! Love the opening stansa ... may it be true for you very, very soon.
RevDrKate said…
Whew, that is a beauty. Yes, may it be so. Prayers ongoing.
Jan said…
Beautiful, lovely, thank you. Peace to you.
hoping light & grace are filling you up... little by little.
RevDrKate said…
Came back to read the lovely prayer poem again after a thought-provoking interview. Great questions, what fun. Thanks!
Terri said…
OK good! I'm coming over to read your answers!
Anonymous said…
Thank you!
Diane M. Roth said…
thank you for this poem. I'd like to read your interview answers too, revdrkate
Barbara B. said…
"infinite space in your garden" -- I like that
RevErikaG said…
thanks for what you share so authentically...

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem