Reflections on Gratitude

One of the most precious gifts I have been given in this last year is the community of Revgals. I am so grateful to have read an article in The Christian Century and then followed up on it. I have appreciated the opportunity to reflect on my life and ministry with a semi-public on-line journal. I appreciate the people who supported me in the those early days as I learned how to blog and link and add pictures....and those who stop by regularly now. I appreciate those who leave comments and those who read but never speak.

I am also grateful for the opportunity to read the blogs of others. I have learned so much. I have been invited into lives of joy, confusions, pain, sorrow, hope. Lives that mirror back to me the grace of a living God.

During the month of November one Revgal pal decided to take on the discipline of posting about gratitude. I found myself drawn to her blog, to her reflections, and to the idea of intentionally reflecting on gratitude. I decided I would do it. Not only for my personal blog. But also for the blog I manage for small church. The posts I write for each blog will not be the same. I will have certain things I am grateful for in my personal life, which will not appear on the church blog. And on the church blog I hope to speak about gratitude in the spirit of that faith community, in a way that will (hopefully) stir the people up as well...

So today I begin a spiritual exercise, I invite you to journey with me and share what you are grateful for as we travel this season of Advent.

Comments

Diane M. Roth said…
I'm grateful for you Mompriest. I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to "know" you through your blog, and I'm looking forward to your reflections.

What a great idea for your church blog, too!
Unknown said…
So glad you found us!
Jan said…
I am grateful to know you and rest in the assurance that we will continue sharing our growth in God. This sounds like a blessed Advent plan. I look forward to reading and hearing more.
mmm neighbor count me in. i remember you mentioning this oh thanksgivingish time and i liked it then and i like it now. let the grateful reflective discipline begin!
Anonymous said…
I, too, am grateful for this online community. Although I'm neither a Rev nor a Gal, I've found a supportive, inspiring, and fun bunch of people here to share my journey of faith.
Mary Beth said…
Yea! I'm excited to read these. And I'm so glad I know you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem