From Sophia over at Revgals comes this Friday Five:
1. How is this Friday the 13th looking for you? It's is a rare cloudy, blustery day here with hints of rain, although that won't happen...a few sprinkles, maybe. It's a day off for me and my husband, but no plans yet.
2. Have you ever had anything unlucky happen on Friday the 13th? I suppose one could say that I've had lots of "unlucky" things happen in my life - but I don't think any of them are related in any way what so ever with the 13th of the month falling on a Friday.
3. Did your family of origin embrace or scorn superstitions? Not really. I had a great grandmother who was a Christian Scientist, and she had a deep belief in the power of prayer. My mother had no belief in prayer. This despite her deep love and affection for the grandmother. So, I suppose I could say that prayer was embraced by some of my family and scorned by others. And, so for some, prayer was like a superstition.
4. Are there any unique or amusing ones from your family, region, or ethnic background? No, none I can think of.
5. Do you love or hate horror movies like "Friday the 13th"? Hate.
Although I am preaching without a manuscript here is the gist of what I intended to say for Easter 2B, commenting on the readings appointed ...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...