kathrynzj over at RevGals offers this Friday Five Meme:
1) What have been the benefits for you of social networking (blog, twitter, facebook, etc...) For me, like many others, there have been countless benefits - friendships made and or sustained, thoughts and ideas shared, prayers offered, hope and grace and kindness beyond measure.
2) Which medium do you use the most? Or if you use them all, for what do you use each of them? I use them all, although I post on twitter a lot less often than any of the others, and have only used Skype once. Facebook is fun and has reconnected me to lots of friends. But blogging is nicer because the posts are longer, more reflective, or at least more informational. Plus I'll blog with folks I don't know but I don't facebook or twitter with people I don't know.
3) If you could invent a networking site (with no limits on your imagination), what would it provide? What would it not provide? yeah, no ideas here....but I'm sure someone will come up with the next thing we have to have and use.
4) Who have you met that you would not have met if it were not for the 'miracle' of social networking? All the folks who blog on RevGals - too many to even list...great wonderful women and some men, too...and a few I have now met IRL
5) Who do you secretly pray does not one day try to 'friend/follow' you? sigh. well there was one person but after being friended twice I actually relented...nice person just tends to send too much - multiple emails in one day - a little obsessive etc....otherwise no one really.
BONUS: What was the most random/weird/unsettling/wonderful connection you made that would not have happened if it were not for the ease of which we can find each other in the computer realm? The day my niece, with whom I "lost" contact following a divorce some 15 years ago, friended me on facebook - and then after some time she friended my brother - her father....it was so exciting to find her again and have her back in the family! She's thrilled too!
Like most people, when I was in my twenties, I was focused on trying to figure out my life. I struggled to figure out what I was going to...
I admit, there are days when I wonder if there is a God. I mean, days when I am worn thin from the onslaught of violence, the destruction o...
The Sunday after Senator Gabbi Giffords was shot, in a mass shooting in Tucson, Arizona, I went to church hoping to hear some reflection on...