Yesterday I attended a led conference by Diana Butler Bass. She is presenting new ideas on the state of the church and why there is hope for Christianity. One of her premises is a Newsweek/Washington Post poll from 2005 that states that 55% of the people in this country describe themselves as religious AND spiritual.
Without going into detail about her understandings of religious and spiritual (you should try to attend one of her conferences, if you can) share with us five thoughts ideas or practices that you consider to be "religious." Then share with us five thoughts, ideas, or practices that you consider to be "spiritual."
1. I grew up thinking that religion was about "God" - but sometimes, these days, I wonder if religion has become more about making money and holding together an institution than it is about God.
2. Following rules.
3. Many ways to be religious.
4. Going to Church.
5. Practices to grow my relationship with God.
1. My experiences with God/the divine
2. Meditation and silence
3. That which gives meaning to my experiences in life within the context of my faith
4. Music, may include any number of religious hymns
What are the things that I don't know that I don't know? This is the primary question that Faithwalking asks each person to consid...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...