Monday Morning Musings

My earworm this morning is Joni Mitchell, "Woke Up It Was a Chelsea Morning" - which means I need to listen to this song on my iPod. Joni Mitchell was a favorite of mine when I was in high school back in the 1970's. I haven't listened to her since then, until I recently when I loaded a couple of her albums into my iTunes library. Anyway, the sun is not shining, it's another rainy chilly day, which seems to be the new norm for this region.

I don't mind though. I still have a fair amount to do to organize this new residence where my husband and I live. We arrived here a week ago, our belongings arrived the next day. And, now, we are mostly unpacked, just a few boxes of odds and ends remain. Today I anticipate hanging our artwork. And also I give thanks that everything made it here safe and sound, following a move from Arizona, a year in storage, and then the move here. I am especially relieved because my husband and I packed everything, and he drove the (monster)truck that moved us from Arizona to Chicago - we'd only have ourselves to blame if our things were shattered. As it is, though, we just shake our heads in amazement that all is well. It's been delightful to open boxes and "remember" this or that...

So, hanging artwork, unpacking and organizing the final items, is on my agenda for this week. On Friday our kids arrive for a short visit. And, next Monday I begin work. That's my week, what about yours?

Comments

Robin said…
Sounds all good!

Me, I have to grade all the papers I've been procrastinating.
I remember well...the surprises unpacking. Glad to hear you are almost done. Quite an accomplishment. I still have several boxes in the garage.

Very quiet day today, home communions on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I am off to see Les Mis, a baseball game, and a wedding...no preaching on May 1st for me.
Mary Beth said…
Thanks be for a smooth move. I am so glad things have gone well for you and that the kids will get to visit. Excited about your new place!
Welcome to your new home! Can't wait to visit the parish next time we are in Detroit with my in-laws.

My week is following up on the pedophile priest I discovered at the local Dignity chapter which meets at the big downtown Episcopal church. Tragically the rector is not concerned thus far and continues to allow them to meet in his basement as well as hold joint events like a Passover Seder on Maundy Thursday. Details on my blog and I am hoping RGBP picks it up for Wednesday festival--"RGBP member and female Catholic bishop exposes pedophile, etc." I wish I could call you for advice but you have enough to do this week so please say a prayer...And maybe send me the name/number/email of anyone in national TEC leadership whom I can contact. The bishop here ignored my report of the pedophile priest in a TEC Columbus church as well as my TV and newspaper interviews last week so I am not optimistic about his cooperation this year. Mille grazie!
Sherry Peyton said…
Oh Terri, I am so pleased! I lived in Dearborn my first year of law school, when it was still ruled by Orville Hubbard and kept lily white while Detroit became increasingly African American. Today of course, it is the largest enclave of Muslims in the US I believe. I imagine it has changed a good deal. It is truly I suspect one of the more tolerate places in America and that is good news. My prayers have been answered in your new church. Blessings, and happy unpacking!
Terri said…
Laura, I think the most effective platform for you to engage in this concern is to contact SNAP - they are an organization that deals with allegations of this nature. While RGBP is concerned about the safety of all God's People, the blog is not a forum for this kind of work. This requires experts, which RGBP is not, but SNAP is. I know that this is very sensitive issue for you, you have my prayers as this unfolds and my hope that you find the experts you need who can proceed appropriately."
Terri said…
Sherry, your suspicions mirror my impressions...
revhipchick said…
Wonderful! Congratulations on your safe arrival, your kids coming to visit, being in a liberal and tolerant place--sounds heavenly!

It's wonderul to read about it! Thanks for sharing and blessings on your week before starting to work at the parish!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem