Friday Five: Summer Fun!



So, what's up, Rev Gals and Pals? How are you spending your summer? (I know, some of you are in a different hemisphere and it may be chilly...sorry!) Are you experiencing fire or floods or tornados? Vacationing? Working harder than ever? Experiencing change? Longing for change?

Share five things that are happening in your life, personally or professionally or some of each, in this season of life.


1. I am coming to know the people in the parish through small group meetings. Most of these have taken place in parishioners homes. They have prepared tea and coffee, or sangria with fresh fruit, homemade spring rolls, fabulous deserts, and gathered members of the parish to help me get to know them and they, me. We have sat outside in beautiful backyards, or been charmed by lovely homes. They have been a lovely way to come to know one another.

2. Gardening is a source of summer delight. I even enjoy weeding, it's become a calming discipline for me. I try to weed for an hour at a stretch several days a week.

3. Exercising is so much easier during the summer. We take our dogs for long walks and appreciate the beauty of the world around us. I have begun to bike ride again, and ride my bike to yoga class.

4. Long days, because we live at the western end of the Eastern time zone, we have sunlight until after 9PM. It's wonderful to sit on the deck in the cooling night air and unwind with a glass of iced tea.

5. Squirrels, rabbits, and birds are plentiful in our backyard. And amusing too!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Jan said…
You new home and parish sound just right. I am so glad! What a nice locale to enjoy summer and the outdoor activities you like. Enjoy!
I think good thoughts about you every time I hear something awful about AZ. The new gig sounds great!
Jan said…
Sounds like a delightful summer! I'm so glad!
Weeding as a calming discipline?! I'd never thought of that before. Sounds like it'd be good both for the garden and the soul- I'm going to have to give it a try.
So glad it's going well at the new place. :-) I agree about the weeding thing.
The small group meetings over the summer sound just right... no hurry, no competition with all the other things of the *program year*. Lovely!

And
Ah, I miss the longer summer light hours of Michigan!
Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem