kathrynzj over at RevGals offers this Friday Five:
For today's Friday Five please tell us 5 things you like to do with friends. Are they local - do you hit a favorite coffee shop or nail salon? What about the friends who come in from out of town? Do you have a restaurant or museum you like to show off?
1. Yesterday I had lunch with two women clergy colleagues. All three of us are new to this town, new pastors in the churches we serve. We are each from a different denomination. It was our second lunch, but we are planning to meet monthly, to share a meal, pray, share stories, be present for each other. We are also going to read a book together, "Falling Upward" by Richard Rohr.
2. I have a lot of friends that I only speak with via Facebook, blogging, email, or a phone call. We live in different states and time zones. So, we talk as, and when, we can. But that does not diminish the reality that we are friends, here for each other.
3. When friends or family come in from out of town we visit the local museums. In particular we like to visit the Henry Ford. This is a fun museum, with an IMAX and an outdoor exhibit called, Greenfield Village, an entire town filled with houses and business from the past. When our son was here we went to Greenfield Village for the Old Car exhibit and saw a car built in the 1700's in France. It was a great day.
4. I am always content to just relax over a cup of coffee with friends. We can meet at a home or at a local coffee shop.
5. It's also fun to go for a walk and talk. In a previous diocese, at our clergy conference, I use to take a long walk every morning around the lake. Me and another friend, or a group of friends. It was a long walk, close to an hour. But it was beautiful. I have many fond memories of those walks and friendships.
"... Yet even now, says the Lord , return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; rend your he...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...