Ever since I was little, I heard that Santa is making a list and checking it twice. I can see why he has to keep checking it, because there is so much to do before Christmas! Only nine days left, and I don't have church services to plan, but there is much left to be done. My daughter-in-law tells me that she feels behind, which is how I have been feeling.
No matter how organized you are, there must be some things you still need to do. For this Friday Five, tell us five things on your Christmas "To Do" List. Include anything you have decided to skip doing this year. As a bonus, give us something that helps you remember why this season even exists.
1. My shopping is almost complete. I have had a big list this year, although most of my gifts are little "Thank-You's" to people who have done so much for the church and our ministry. I am in the midst of baking, wrapping, and signing cards as part of the thanking process. Most of that will be finished by Sunday, and then I can move on to wrapping gifts for family.
2. I hoped to send out Christmas cards this year....but I did not shop for cards early enough and now I can't find a set of cards that I like...so, I am still on the hunt for these.
3. Sermons and worship services - I have three sermons to write and several services to finish planning. Most of the services will be exactly what we have done before, but with a couple of small changes. Still, these require some focused attention, which I have not been able to give them.
4. Baking, cleaning, planning - for Christmas dinner with my kids. I'm looking forward to all of us sharing a meal. This year our meal will replicate Christmas with Busha and Papa. My father and mother in-law made a grand feast for Christmas. My FIL died about 14 years ago, and my mother-in-law died in August - so, even though we won't be with the entire family, our kids will be here and we'll celebrate life.
5. Resting. I have been very busy and it is on my list to rest....LOL