Karla, over at the RevGals offers this Friday Five meme:
Hello dear Friday-fivers!
Without further ado, here is the Friday Five Random-Style meme for you on this September morning!
1. What is one of the best things that happened to you this week? I attended an interfaith breakfast that included leaders from many of the Christian and Muslim communities of faith in Dearborn (we don't have any Jewish houses of worship in town, although there are many in nearby suburbs). The Mayor came, too. We talked about renewing our waning community connections and reinvigorating our meetings. And we talked about the upcoming visit from a pastor who lives in Florida but is making his third trip here to protest and raise a rukus. Seriously, this man needs to worry about the hungry people in his backyard and stop making an issue that is not an issue. Anyway, the breakfast was delightful, we have a good faithful community here, and I love how we all stand in solidarity with each other.
2. If you were in a Ms., Miss, Mr. (name your country) Pageant, what would your talent be? Uhm, well, I do have an old photo of my twirling my baton in a performance when I was in sixth grade. I also danced a ballet routine - in a pink and purple tutu. So, I would probably dance and twirl a baton and talk about my hopes for world peace....
3. You were just given a YACHT!!! What would you name it, and why? "Sail On Sailor" and I'd play Beach Boys music and sail way out on the Caribbean and just appreciate that blue/green sea. That is if I could tolerate the motion sickness - which I pretty much cannot. (In fact even the idea makes my tummy a little queasy).... :-)
4. If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do? (I can't remember if I asked this before...) Ride elephants and do head and hand stands on them.
5. What do you have in your bag/wallet/backpack that best describes your personality? I recently bought a new slouchy big bag to replace my very old trim Dooney and Bourke bag - I loved that D&B bag - tailored, trim, black and brown, went with everything. sigh. This new bag is much bigger and bit annoying in that way - however! It comes with internal pockets and organizers. Everything has its place and I can always find what I need - chapstick, glasses, wallet, keys - all organized. It's a funky silver/green/tan/off white color pattern that is very different for me but I like it.