RevGals Friday Five: Sequestration Edition
Rev. Patricia Raube, over at the RevGals offers this Friday Five:
Well, it's here. For better or for worse, automatic spending cuts in the federal budget are due to go into effect today. It's call "sequestration," which, when I looked it up in the dictionary, seemed to have something to do with "isolation," as in isolating a portion of the budget and making it unavailable. Or something to that effect.
There are wildly different ideas swirling around about how the cuts will effect the economy, the employment rate, and the services we are accustomed to counting on from the government. Here at the Friday Five, ours is not to prognosticate... let's leave that to the politicians and the pundits. Instead, let's all agree that there are some things that it would be good to have less of, some things that could use a nice trimming.
I invite you to name five of them here! The possibilities are endless, from the pruning required for the health of a tree to the hair cut that makes us feel fabulous. What are you planning to cut in the near future? And in what way will those cuts improve someone's life?
1. my hair - had to reschedule my appointment this week, due to weather...which means I am looking a bit shaggy
2. weight - I am trying to drop a couple of pounds, almost impossible.
3. fatigue - working to rest, eat more intentionally, take my vitamins, exercise and meditate to help recover from adrenal fatigue. I'd love to shed the fatigue and feel good again.
4. winter - now that March has arrived I am ready to shed, cut, winter. March is usually a rough month but it is also a month that points to the end of winter with more daylight and warmer temperatures. One just needs to ride out the unpredictable nature of March ups and downs, rain and snow, colder and warmer - at least that's how March rocks in the Midwest, USA.
5. schedule - my term on the Board of RevGals is coming to an end and I have chosen to not re-up. I am also resigning from other things I have done for the RevGals such as writing the Sunday prayers and administering the RevGals prayer blog. I have done these for many years and need to reduce my work load. These will conclude the end of March. I'm discerning other areas to cut back on as well. Of course this comes in response to increasing work at my paying job, but something has to give so I can continue to tend to #3.