RevKarla over at the RevGals offers this delightfully random Friday Five:
Can you believe it is April 12???? Have you finished your taxes? Here
in Boston, the city is abuzz with Boston Marathon anticipation. We are
finally hearing birds chirp in the morning, and even though it was in
the low thirties last night, many of us are bravely sporting open-toed
sandals. None of this has anything to do Friday Five, except
randomness. So, in that spirit.......
1. How are you doing? What's going on in your life? Well. My life is full. My daughter has recently moved and I helped her pack. This required driving to Chicago on Easter Monday. It was good to be there and help her. I was, however, exhausted. I have celebrated the 75th wedding anniversary of a couple in the parish. I am preparing to go to clergy conference next week and then a few days later to CREDO. And, I am tending to details following the death of my younger brother. I have power of attorney, so I am working on the details. We'll have services for him later, June and July, which includes a trip to Salt Lake City - which as it turns out I was going to go anyway for a TENS conference.
I am hoping life will become a little quieter. I'm looking forward to summer and gardening....
2. Have you ever resigned from a position? What was the good-bye like? Yes, I have left parishes four times in the last twenty some odd years. The good-byes for three of them included celebration and lifting up ministry. In one - well it was horribly painful and I couldn't get out of there fast enough and yet, still had to do the good-byeing well.
3. So, we are still resurrecting...still getting used to New Life!! What is a source of new life for you? New life for me, I hope, comes from the clergy conference next week and eight days at CREDO next week.
4. My friend is running the marathon on Friday, because it is on her bucket list. What is something on your bucket list? I have always dreamed of going to Paris. It is however THAT dream, the one where you keep missing the plane, or can't find your way off the plane, or can't find your luggage...and why I am always going to Paris when I have THAT dream? I have no idea. So, maybe one day I will actually go to Paris.
5. Tell us about one precious thing (tangible) you keep around your house, your altar, your pocket, and what is its story? I always carry a tube of Burt's Bees chapstick. I like pomegranate or honey flavors. Ever since I had the abscessed tooth which cause an infection in the jaw bone that followed the nerve pathway, I have had numbness and tingling in my lips. For some reason applying chapstick, preferably Burt's Bees (or a bees wax variety) seems to help settle the nerve when it acts up. Usually this only happens when I have been talking alot, like on Sunday mornings or Lenten programs, and so forth. It's probably more psychological at this point, but maybe it is actually a real response to settling down the ongoing firing of a damaged nerve? Anyway. That's my story.
The readings that we chose for the service tonight were all picked specifically for this service because they lift up the role of women ...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...