1. If you have one, what is your new resolution? I don't make New Year's resolutions. But I do make efforts through out the year to improve myself. Last May I went on a health kick, eating less carbs and sugar and more veggies and protein. I lost some weight as a result, although that wasn't exactly what I was going for. Now I find, ironically that I have to add those carbs back into my diet because I have developed reflux and seem to need a more a simple and relatively bland diet. Eating more simply, along with some medication, seems to help. Also, as I always do in the winter, I am trying to keep up with my exercise. We bought a recumbent bike and I use that for cardio and then my usual go to yoga as much as possible. Yoga has made me stronger. A lot stronger. Also, I am a Spiritual Direction intern, so I am working on the spiritual side, too. And I am taking classes with the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center and learning more about myself, my family, and how to be less anxious and more self-differentiated. So, no resolutions per se, but always working on myself.
2. Many folks choose a new word for a year’s beginning, as Marci’s congregation does with StarWords. Some let their word choose them, like Christine at Abbey of the Arts. Do you have a word for the year? I tried the starword with my church last year but it didn't really take hold with us, or me, although I still like the idea. So, no. No word for the year.
3. What is your new favorite exclamation/phrase at times of joy or frustration? Uhm. I'm not sure.I am over "awesome"...and not sure what is replacing it...
4. Do you have a new favorite food, or an old one you are newly enjoying? I'm making pasta with a tomato cream sauce and turkey meatballs more often these days. I can't eat regular tomato sauce these days without my reflux acting up so I make a cream sauce and add diced tomatoes to dilute the cream a little. Do you think the turkey meatballs offset the fat in the cream sauce? lol
5. Finally, in general: what is your new favorite thing? I am doing a lot of new things but not sure if any one of them is my "favorite"... although I must say I love riding the bike while reading a book. I have a difficult time just sitting and reading, unless I am on vacation and have resolved to do nothing. So riding the bike is doing something (an hour of something) and I get to read too.