As you may have seen in this Wednesday's Festival, Pottermania has hit the RevGals---though not all of them. Yes, I am all over Harry like a Seeker on the Snitch, but I know there are others who will be ecstatic to see the July madness end.
So today's F5 is a Choose Your Own Adventure: do the magical version or the Muggle one, or both:
Option 1: Accio Friday Five!
1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why? My daughter was just the right age when the first book came out. Our house was Potter-Mania for a few years. But since then, and as my son is not an avid reader (sadly)...well. I haven't taken to reading them on my own. So. I've read the first two and a portion of the third. The rest, I've just seen the movies. Love them, though.
2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know? I don't resemble any of them...but I would like to know more about Minerva McGonagall.
3. How careful are you about spoilers? Don't like 'em.
4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7. I hope Harry Potter lives and finds some peace in his life, some sense of justice for all his years of turmoil.
5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued? Notsure...
Option 2: Please Mommy, Anything But Those Blankety-Blank Books!
And we do mean anything:
1. Former U.S. First Lady "Lady Bird" Johnson died this week. In honor of her love of the land and the environment, share your favorite flower or wildflower. I really love all flowers. Well, I'mnot too crazy about daisys, except Gerber daisys...
2. A man flew almost 200 miles in a lawn chair, held aloft by helium balloons. Share something zany you'd like to try someday. Well, I think that was just nuts...oh my...no fear of heights??? yeesh. Something zany...I did a lot of fun zany stuff in my 20's before marriage and before the thought of ordination entered my consciousness. I don't have much desire now to be zany. I just want to be content. I'd like to travel and see the world, take a sabbatical and study.
3. Do you have an iPhone? If not, would you want one? No, I don't have one. But, yes, I want one...
4. Speaking of which, Blendtec Blenders put an iPhone in one of their super-duper blenders as part of their "Will It Blend?" series. What would YOU like to see ground up, whizzed up or otherwise pulverized in a blender? This is a tough one. No real ideas here.
5. According to News of the Weird, a jury in Weld County, Colo., declined to hold Kathleen Ensz accountable for leaving a flier containing her dog's droppings on the doorstep of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, apparently agreeing with Ensz that she was merely exercising free speech. What do you think? Is doggy doo-doo protected by the First Amendment? Oh. why not. I makes a statement. Have a sense of humor. We have become way to litigious in this country.
"... Yet even now, says the Lord , return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; rend your he...
There a few elements of life common to all people. Basically they include living, loving, suffering, and dying. All of us experience these a...
I have a good friend who is always late for everything. Whenever my friend and I schedule a date to get together I plan to arrive 15 minute...