Friday Five: American Idols
Yes, it's true. I've been watching Season Six of American Idol with my daughter, our first time dipping into this particular well of pop culture. In the spirit of believing you can do anything, as the auditioners so clearly do, please fill in the following five blanks.
1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be...um, Julie Andrews? Norah Jones? the lead singer of the Dixie Chicks? Not really sure...
2) I would love to sing the song ..I tried to sing lullabies to my kids when they were babies, couldn't stay on pitch. I'd love to sing the Exultet at the Great Vigil, but I just don't have the vocal stamina to make it through and stay on pitch and do it justice...so I just chant a simple tone version of the Eucharistic prayer, I can do that!
3) It would be really cool to sing at.....The Great Vigil, The Passion on Good Friday...I don't really have any fantasies of singing...I did sing with a bluegrass band in college, that was fun (just local bar stuff, but fun singing).
4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be with the lead singer from Cold Play...Chris Martin (?).
5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be Sesame Street ('cuz they sing fun stuff)...or maybe a cool powerful song on Greys Anatomy.
But actually, I'd rather dance - I always watch the dance shows - I've never watched American Idol....so give me music and I'll dance before I'll sing.