As some folks prepare for a big event Songbird, over at RevGals, offers this Friday Five:
1) Some fold, some roll and some simply fling into the bag. What's your technique for packing clothes? I use a combination of rolling and folding when I head off FOR my trip. When coming home I also have some pieces of clothing that I just bundle in a special spot to remind me that this is my "laundry."
2) The tight regulations about carrying liquids on planes makes packing complicated. What might we find in your quart-size bag? Ever lose a liquid that was too big? I am pretty good at fitting a lot of small 3oz products in that one zip lock bag. I have had to give up bottled water and once, a long time ago, a pair of tiny scissors, back when even those were a no-no.
3) What's something you can't imagine leaving at home? In the past I have forgotten to bring a toothbrush, extra underwear, pajamas, socks, a hairbrush. As long as I am near a place to purchase what I've forgotten I can manage. I also bring small packets of laundry detergent which I had to use recently when the airlines lost my CARRY ON bag when they made me check it because there were too many carry-ons.
4) Do you have a bag with wheels? Yes, in several sizes: small, smaller and ginormous.
5) What's your favorite reading material for a non-driving trip (plane, train, bus, ship)? I always bring a book or two and my knitting.
I’m tired. I’m tired of the onslaught of violence in the world: guns and mass murders; abuse of people of color; abuse of women; abuse o...
When I entered college in 1974, having graduated a year early, I was 17 years old and had no idea what I wanted do with the rest of my life...
I admit, there are days when I wonder if there is a God. I mean, days when I am worn thin from the onslaught of violence, the destruction o...