Sally over at RevGals offers this Friday Five:
1. What will you gladly leave behind in 2009? Almost every aspect of my life in 2009 was a challenge: health - mine and family members; employment - mine and family members; subsequently finances were challenged; conflict in some key arenas too...overall 2009 will go down as my least favorite year ever. Will there be lessons learned and something gained from all this? Only time will tell.
2. What is the biggest challenge of 2010 for you? Employment and a move...OR a move, employment and another move? OR worse, a move and no employment. Hard to say what it will be.
3. Is there anything that you simply need to hand to God and say "all will be well, for you are with me"? Been working hard at that, handing God my anxiety over the above....lots of late night railing at God...and it's not just my life but that of a large number of people (ok women, actually women clergy) I know who are struggling with similar issues...leaves me wondering if there is a God does that God even care about what is happening to God's faithful, who are struggling to maintain faith?...
4. If you could only achieve one thing in 2010 what would it be? A good position...
5. Post a picture, poem or song that sums up your prayer for the year ahead....
Mysterious God, are you there, here?
If so, take notice of the suffering