Songbird, over at RevGals, offers this Friday Five Meme:
1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip? My most recent long distance trip was from SE Arizona to Chicago and back. I drove by myself and made the round trip in a week. On the way there I drove straight through, stopping only for a four hour respite at a security-safe rest stop an hour east of Amarillo Texas. I was motivated to drive straight through because my daughter's dog,
was in the car with me - I was taking him home to her....the drive back was a bit more leisurely....
2) Have you ever traveled by train? Yes. I love train rides, except for the numerous stops and delays. My husband, kids, and I took the train from Chicago to Detroit for a family wedding about 15 years ago. I've taken the train several times from Chicago to Minneapolis and from Chicago to Southern Illinois University when I was in college in the '70's. And, of course, living in Chicago for 35 years I often travelled by "El" or the "metro"...
3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it? When I lived in Chicago, yes. Here, no.
4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?Perhaps the really small plane I travelled in from San Juan Puerto Rico to Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. It flew really low over the ocean, low enough to see the waves and bumpy too!
5. Where are you going next? (apparently I missed this question when I did my cut and paste this morning...LOL) Our next trip will be a return to the Midwest. My husband and I, and our two dogs and two cats are moving back. May be a temporary move...but our lease here is up so we have to go...imagine a cross country drive in February (I really hope it's a time of clear weather and not storms like we just had...)