It’s Friday, and TBTG! Even when I work all weekend, I still love that “Friday feeling”, you know? PLUS~~it’s summer! So, for a summer Friday Five, here are a few thoughts to ponder upon:
1. What makes you happy in your happy hour? (kicking off shoes, reading a book, a cocktail, lemonade~~essentially, what do you do to relax at the end of your week…) My happy hour hits about 4pm. Shortly before, if my day has gone as planned, I will have spent thirty minutes meditating. This is followed by a glass of iced tea and a handful of almonds, a few dried apricots, and maybe some trail mix of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate. I am working to reduce the amount of sugar I consume, satisfying my sugary needs with fruit. I like to drink and nibble while reading a book on my Kindle.
2. I have a pair of shorts that I jump into the minute I get home for the evening–every day in the summer. What’s your favorite summer “garment”? My latest favorite summer-wear are maxi-dresses with birkenstocks. I swear I feel like an old hippie - reminds me of the 1970's and being in college. But really, I just love the ease of summer - sandals, shorts and T-shirts, or dresses. Love it.
[caption id="attachment_2785" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I wore a maxi-dress to the rehearsal picnic for our daughter's wedding.[/caption]
3. I have discovered, after living here in New England for 7 years, Ipswich fried clams. Oh. my. OH MY! Do you have a summer food you might splurge on once or twice in the summer? We grill out every night we can - and compliment what ever we grill with pickings from our garden. Currently I am learning to love kale - sautéed with onions and garlic or steamed with a little butter and salt and pepper.
[caption id="attachment_2786" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Kale, from our garden[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_2787" align="aligncenter" width="300"] An abundance of lettuce in our garden...[/caption]
4. Do you have a specific fond memory of summers of your childhood? I spent all day of every summer outside playing - swimming, bike riding, climbing trees, making up games. I still love to go outside in the summer to garden, walk dogs, walk to yoga, walk anywhere, bike ride, or sit on the deck and read.
5. Use these words in a sentence: snail, baby duck, camper, ice cream, surfboard, cherries. The baby duck and snail were fond of standing on the old surfboard under the camper nibbling on the spillage of cherry ice cream.