Friday Five: Red, Blue, and Purple

1. Favorite red food: well, since Thanksgiving is around the corner I'll say homemade cranberry sauce. Otherwise tomato sauce for pasta, all kinds!


2. Tell us about the bluest body of water you've ever seen in person: the Caribbean from the southern coast of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. Actually it is an amazing blue-green, but so beautiful.

3. It's movie rental time: Blue Planet, The Color Purple, or Crimson Tide? I've only seen the Color Purple.

4. What has you seeing red these days? I've been suffering from a fractured tooth - oh so painful! The dentist filled the fracture, which only caused increased nerve pressure. Yesterday the dentist and I made the tough decision to pull it (YUCK). So while the nerve pain is gone I am left with severe jaw pain from the extraction process. The pain definitely has me seeing red, not to mention my inability to do things like get my sermon written for Sunday. Plus I have to go to our annual Diocesan Convention today and tomorrow (I'm staffing a booth, so I have to go...). They tell me I should be feeling better as this day wears on and into tomorrow.

5. What or who picks you up when you're feeling blue? Taking my dogs to the dog park. Exercise of any form. A glass of very good wine (sometimes that would make me feel more blue, so it's not always a good choice, but sometimes...). A cup of Earl Grey tea and dark chocolates.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yikes! That sounds so painful! Hope you're feeling better soon.
reverendmother said…
Ouch on the toofies!
Unknown said…
Dogs always pick me up too. Espcially when they know you're sad so they take advantage of you by climbing up to cuddle on the couch where they're not allowed.
Thanks for posting.
revhipchick said…
big bummer on the tooth! i hope you're better soon!
chartreuseova said…
So sorry about the dental woes, sounds really painful.

Oh, cranberry sauce. I may need to change my answer. I even eat the jellied stuff that comes from a can, but homemade, yum!
Sally said…
Ouch hope your tooth feels better soon!

I'd forgotten about Cranberry sauce - why is that???
Cathy said…
Hope your feeling better soon. I agree with the Caribbean waters... beautiful! St. Maarten is beautiful too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem