Tuesday Topics - Talk Amongst Yourselves

1. Why would a Doctors office charge a $25.oo yearly Administration Fee that appears to be for no other purpose than for the office to collect an additional $25.00 from each patient.

2. Why would people so willingly pay this fee, no questions asked? I saw young and old do this, over and over. Me, I protested. And I hate to raise a fuss.

3. If they are going to charge this fee (well, and they do), the least they could do is have good magazines to read while waiting (forever) to see the doctor.

4. My doctors office is not a club or some other organization I join, but this annual fee insinuates that it is.

5. WHY does this bug me so much?

6. Isn't it just a little unethical or at least in bad form to charge this?

Comments

Cathy said…
That amazes me. My guess is that there is some insurance company or gov't assistance that is willing to pay this so they charge EVERYONE for it. Makes no sense to me.

I do know of physicians that charge a fee for parents to get immunization records or prescription for services such as Physical therapy - doesn't make much sense to me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem