Nature, Nurture, Napping....the "N's"

Today is my day off, so Naturally I am thinking about ways to Nurture myself. One of my favorite is, Napping. There is nothing quite like a good deep sleep in the middle of the afternoon to care for oneself and revive the spirit. There are a number of other ways I nurture myself: including massages, manicures, swimming, walking dogs, knitting and reading....but today is all about the "N's"...so in that regard: Nature is high on my list...I love to be outdoors and enjoy this beautiful world. I love mountains, and water, sand, and green grass, rolling hills and a vista that goes on forever. Here in my neck of the woods, I mean desert, we have birds galore and wildlife aplenty. I have already mentioned on more than one occasion, the bobcat family living on the roof of the empty house across the street. They are awesome, but have put a damper on our daily dog walks....(naturally, I am disinclined to tempt them at an easy meal - me or my dogs....normally they would be inclined to leave us alone - bigger than they we are....BUT, it is a hungry family and a protective momma) .

Nice - as a general rule I really do try to be nice to everyone. I tend to believe that everyone is struggling with something (or to quote Plato: Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle). However I have also discovered that I can be quite defensive when someone steps on my last nerve. I guess that makes me human....and flawed and normal?

On this day off I am grateful to have the time and the ability to be grateful for simple things that begin with the letter "N"....

Comments

Diane M. Roth said…
makes me want to read your sermon, too.

I especially like "napping."
revhipchick said…
naps are nourishing! what a fun read! have a wonderful N evening!
Anonymous said…
Naps are great!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem