Sun

So, here I am at the "S's"...what to be grateful for, s-wise...?

Sunrises: the sunrise here is late because the sun has to come up over the mountains. If I lived 45 minutes north the sun would rise much earlier. Still, I love that time just before sunrise, when the air is lavender. That said, one of my favorite places to watch the sunrise is here:


Sunsets: can be very awesome, very. Especially where I live...


but, also here:


I also love the Sun - love to sit out on the patio in the sun...for a short while. And sitting in the sun leads me directly to:


Swimming. in the aqua glory of the pool in my backyard, a refreshing break from the heat and sun...


which means I also need a swim suit. Nothing special, but I need one. And, well, grateful for the kind that comes with a low back and narrow straps. Not fond of bikini's....but otherwise, keep it slim and skinny...


Now, at 52 I am not as slim and skinny as I used to be...no. Body parts have settled. Muscle tone has diminished. Weight has found it's way on...me...sigh. Yes, I exercise...but regardless...Did I say I was 52? Ok, I digress....


Snapdragons: love those flowers...love to squeeze the flower and make it "talk"...


Simple: I am grateful when life is simple...sadly, it almost never is. Still, grateful for simple sunrises sunsets swimming, and snapdragons.





Comments

altar ego said…
Ah, another 52-year old! I can relate (oops, that's an r word)!

I think simplicity is one of the best things in the world when we can experience and live it. There are so many simple pleasures to be enjoyed, and when we can manage to live simply a world of possibility opens up to be experienced. I've realized of late that my life could benefit a great deal by a bit more simplicity!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem