V, what???

I can't believe that I have been writing these alphabet focused gratitude reflections long enough to come to "V"...what the heck does one say about V?....

Vestments - oh, I do love some of the beautiful attire we clergy get to wear. Back at my former parish we had a gorgeous white silk chasuble...really beautiful. And in some churches really old vestments, well made, hand embroidered. Amazing how years ago these holy men would wear such flowery finery. And, now, I get to wear them. Although generally speaking I like to be simple....an alb and a stole. But then I am considering some new albs from womenspirit.

I'd like to say Vermont or Virginia - but I've never been to Vermont and the one time I drove through Virginia was in the dark of night....but I hear they are beautiful states - so I'm grateful they exist, even when I haven't seen them. Is it obvious that I am struggling here?

Voice: oh yes, I am grateful for voice - that I can, that we can, speak. For voice that speaks authentically. For voice that speaks love. For voice that speaks truth. For voices of justice.

Vanilla: ice cream and latte's.

Vinegar: balsamic, raspberry, that kind...on baby greens with goat cheese....















Comments

Jennifer said…
Well played!
altar ego said…
I think you addressed V very well! Even if you haven't been to Vermont it is home to many important things and people, like Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (and I seem to recall that you are a fan of ice cream!). And it really is a beautiful state at any time of year.

And lordy, vestments. We are lucky, aren't we?
Vestments . . . what an inspired choice.

And your others made me hungry!
Anonymous said…
And you thought you didn't have anything to say about poor ole V.

I'm with you on vestments... Virginia... vinegar... and vanilla ice cream. One of these days... I'll get to go to Vermont.
Anonymous said…
And you thought you didn't have anything to say about poor ole V.

I'm with you on vestments... Virginia... vinegar... and vanilla ice cream. One of these days... I'll get to go to Vermont.
How about Valentines Day, Vegetables and Vaginas?

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem