Friday Five: Guilty Pleasures

Marie, over at RevGals offers this Friday Five meme, following the end of her favorite television show.

For today’s Friday Five, tell us about your guilty pleasures.
TV Show: I always end up with a love/hate response to television shows, even ones I have watched for years. I just hate the way the writers will build a completely ridiculous story line, especially when most of the time the story line is engaging. I watch Scandal, Good Wife, Madam Secretary, and Grey's Anatomy. I also really LOVE Call the Midwife, when it runs in the spring. 
Food: I'm not really big on any particular food. But I always need to have a good cup of coffee in the morning. When I developed acid reflux last year I had to change the kind of coffee I drink, no more high acid Mexican coffee, now I have to drink coffee grown in the Pacific or Indonesia (Sumatra, for example). Thankfully Sumatra is a really tasty roast.
Reading Material: I am thick into the "Outlander" series....I've tried to read another book in between my obsession with the series but I just can't. I am not sure why the story line is so compelling, it is kind of silly, but I am obsessed. 
Music: I use to listen to a lot of music, lately I don't. I do listen to podcasts, especially On Being.
Wildcard guilty pleasure: Yoga isn't really a guilty pleasure, but it is something I do on a regular basis that leaves me feeling so much better. I suppose something a little more decadent would be a really find glass of red wine or maybe some excellent Scottish Whiskey served "neat." 

Comments

Marie said…
I love those TV shows, every last one of them and especially Call the Midwife! And yes, I'd have to agree that yoga is hardly a guilty pleasure. :) I will happily concur with the Scottish whiskey!
Elaine said…
I read the Outlander series...loved it. Started on a re-read and am bogged down in the 4th book. One of the premium channels made a mini-series of the first book. The first DVD has 8 episodes and I think there is a second DVD out.

~~Elaine

p.s. My WP blog is not being very friendly these days...hence no link back to me!

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem