Gratitude



Oh God. 
In the morning when the light is young
I wake up hope full for this new day.
Hopeful that I will lean toward 
Gratitude

Grateful for people, who
help me be the best me I can be

Grateful for sunny days that
warm my soul, flip flop days

Grateful despite all that leans
in contrast to gratitude

You know: fear, angst, anger, worry
especially worry. But YOU,

You, Oh God, come unbidden
to remind me, fill me, guide me, help

Me, you help me to abide in peace
and remember to be grateful

and take the time to feel gratitude
for this gift of life, challenges and joys.

Oh God.
In the morning, when the light is young,
help me to breathe in fresh air
help me to exhale gratitude.
Amen.


Crossposted on the RevGalBlogPals blog for the Tuesday prayer, August 28, 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem