Morning





I have relished mornings in this place
The bright rays of sun bursting forth
Casting shadows yet warming the air
Birds caw and glamor for breakfast
Coffee for me, hot and strong
A little soft jazz on the Bluetooth speaker
And funny bunny running here and there

Morning breezes gentle wind
Reading, wondering, half expecting
That there will be an integration of
Thoughts and ideas into a new whole
Made available because life is slower
And quieter and I have no place I have to be

This week has been a time to read
Knit, paint, draw, walk, rest
All alone, but for the company 
Of a rabbit, who is amusing
In his quiet way,
Nose moving as he sniffs at life

I draw in my own deep breath
Fresh morning air
With a hint of lake water
Let me soak in this
Let it stay with me 
Let it carry me forward 

Comments

What a beautiful poem! I hope you're able to carry the feeling of calm and serenity home with you.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bleeding-heart: a poem by Mary Oliver

A Funeral Sermon: Healed by Love

Luke: A Mary Oliver Poem