1. Have you experienced living through an extreme weather event- what was it and how did you cope? Several. I lived through the huge snowstorm of 1968. I was in middle school and living in Wisconsin, big time snow. But, as I remember, no snow days. Off we trudged walking to school. We've had bitter cold long snowy winters in the Chicago area and terrible heat waves and droughts (1995) when people were dying from the heat.
2. How important is it that we wake up to issues such as global warming? Very important. I am appalled at how little people really think about it. Seems folks in my area are more interested in convenience and comfort, the environment is someone else's problem. Me, I try to be "green." I only use the A/C when I really have too (over 90 degrees, high humidity, night time so I can sleep). I prefer fans. I recycle everything I can.
3. The Christian message needs to include stewardship of the earths resources agree/ disagree? Agree. Which to me means that we care for all the earth and the earth's creatures.
And because it is summer- on a brighter note....
4. What is your favourite season and why? I like 'em all. I love summer, and heat, and sun, and shorts, sandals and tee shirts. But then I love it when the weather turns cool and crisp and I can put on layers of clothes. I love the fall leaves and a walk on a sunny autumn day. Then, I love it when it turns cold and snowy, snuggled up with a cup of tea and a good book. (Ok, I don't really like to be OUTSIDE when it's cold, I just like to look at it...).
5. Describe your perfect vacation weather....warm. Sunny. But not too hot.